JHU employees may be eligible for a Live Near Your Work grant worth up to $17,000 toward a down payment and closing costs. Grant amounts vary by location and are available only in designated areas of Baltimore City. Get maps of eligible areas and details on grant amounts by clicking the tab below.
Boundaries & Grant Amounts
Grants awarded by Johns Hopkins are considered taxable income and will be taxed prior to receipt. Below are the gross grant amounts, prior to taxation. An individual tax calculation will be conducted for each LNYW applicant.
For JHU employees, grant amounts by area are:
- Central Baltimore (HCPI, formerly A1): $17,000
- East Baltimore/Eager Park (formerly A2): $17,000
- Remington (HCPI) (formerly B1): $10,000 ($5,000 for all employees of JHHS)
- Better Waverly (formerly B2): $10,000 ($5,000 for all employees of JHHS)
- All other areas within boundaries: $5,000
REMINDER: Grant amounts will be less applicable withholding taxes.
If you’re looking for more information about specific neighborhoods, be sure to check out Live Baltimore.
The videos below will tell you more about specific neighborhoods, as well.