Unless you are a faculty member or have another affiliation with Johns Hopkins, your JHED account will be disabled 90 days after your retirement date. You will no longer be able to access your current Johns Hopkins email account and the contents in that mailbox will be unrecoverable.
As part of your retiree benefits, you are eligible for a retiree email account with the address <yourJHEDid@retiree.jh.edu>. This is a fully functioning email account and you will need to register it within 90 days of your retirement date.
In order to set up your retiree email account, SAP must have you listed as “retired”. When SAP sends your retirement status to JHED, you will receive an email with instructions to setup your retiree email account (see below). These instructions will include your temporary password.
SAP will continue to send your retiree position to JHED for 90 days after your retirement date to provide time to transition to your new email account. If you do not have another affiliation with Johns Hopkins after that time, your JHED account will be deactivated and your JH email aliases will be redirected to your new retiree email account.
For additional help with steps 2 and 3 below, see this document.
1. Visit http://office.com.
2. If you are automatically logged into Office 365 with your employee account, click your profile icon in the upper right corner and sign out.
3. Select “Switch to a different account” if your JHED account is shown as the login.
4. Enter <yourJHEDid@retiree.jh.edu> and click Sign In.
5. Enter temporary password: <Temporary Password will be provided>
6. Re-enter your temporary password as your “current password” and enter a new password.
7. Click Sign In to be directed to your new Office 365 account.
Emails and contact lists stored in your Hopkins employee email account will not automatically transfer to your new retiree email account, and manual migration of that information from your employee account to your retiree email account is not supported by Microsoft. Save any contact lists and forward important emails you will need before your JHED deactivates and your employee emails are deleted from Johns Hopkins servers. If you need help, you may find instructions here on how to Export your contacts from your JHU email and Import them into your retiree email.
You may redirect your Johns Hopkins employee email alias <yourJHEDid@retiree.jh.edu> to your new retiree email account by following these steps:
1. Visit http://my.jh.edu
2. Login with your current JHED account.
3. Scroll down and expand the Messaging category.
4. Select Email Alias.
5. Select “I accept this policy”.
6. Enter <yourJHEDid@retiree.jh.edu> under “Enter Custom Address” and select the Update button for each alias.
Your Johns Hopkins email aliases will be automatically redirected to <yourJHEDid@retiree.jh.edu> upon JHED deactivation if you have not already redirected them. If you do not wish to have your employee email aliases redirected to your retiree email account, please contact the IT Help Desk at 410-955-4357 (HELP).
For additional questions or assistance setting up your retiree email account, please contact the IT Help Desk at 410-955-4357 (HELP).