As crises arise, we have to change our way of coping and adjusting. Change can sometimes feel overwhelming and difficult to navigate. mySupport has partnered with the Family and Caregiving Programs & Wellness Programs to bring you the Coping & Thriving Webinar Series. Through webinars on various topics, we hope to provide tips, tricks, and techniques to help you cope, heal and thrive through the crises we face.
Coping & Thriving Webinar Series
Healing our broken hearts
How do we begin to heal our physical and emotional hearts from the tremendous grief and physical stress of this past year? Living with COVID-19, economic disaster, hatred, and undoing structural racism is a lot to manage at once. Could love be the answer?
Cardiologist Armin A. Zadeh, MD, PhD, MPH, associate professor of medicine at Johns Hopkins University, will discuss his research about the healing power of love, documented in his book The Forgotten Art of Love. He will discuss concepts of self-love, love and society, and practical steps we can take to heal our hearts and sustain love in our lives through and beyond these difficult times.
Friday, February 26 at 12pm
WATCH YOUR WORDS: HOW YOU SAY IT COUNTS
“It’s not what you say, but how you say it.” We’ve all heard that phrase, but what does it really mean? Learn more and get tips on ways to improve your communication style as we talk about the impact of:
- Posture, gestures, and facial expressions
- Tone of voice
- Choice of words-and more!
Tuesday, March 2nd at 3pm
CHALLENGES YOU’VE MET AND CHALLENGES AHEAD WITH COVID-19
What challenges have you met during COVID-19? What challenges are still ahead? Join us to learn more about challenges we have faced during COVID-19 and how to deal with the ones that are still to come.
Thursday, March 4th at 4pm
UNDERSTANDING POSTPARTUM DEPRESSION
Many women experience postpartum depression after giving birth. Join this webinar to learn more about it. We’ll review:
• Signs and symptoms of postpartum depression
• What causes postpartum depression
• Treatment for postpartum depression
Thursday, March 11th at 3pm
WAYS TO RELIEVE STRESS DURING COVID-19
The pandemic has presented stress for so many. Join us to learn ways to relieve stress as we continue to navigate COVID-19.
Thursday, March 11th at 4pm
MANAGER TRAINING ON SLEEP AND FATIGUE
As a manager have you had difficult conversations with staff who are too fatigued to execute work properly? Sleep deprivation can put employees, other staff and patients at risk of physical harm or lead to other critical errors in the workplace. Poor performance is not necessarily an indicator of an employee’s lack of interest or commitment, but can be a result of a variety of sleep concerns including insomnia, narcolepsy, obstructive sleep apnea, and restless legs syndrome conditions. Please join Dr. Susheel Patil, Clinical Director, Johns Hopkins Pulmonary Sleep Medicine Program, to discuss ways managers can improve their understanding of the safety and health risks associated with poor sleep and their skills for organizing work to reduce the risk of employee fatigue.
Tuesday, March 9th at 10am
Thursday, March 25th at 12pm
KIDS AND COVID-19: HOW’RE YOUR KIDS REALLY DOING?
There has been a lot to cope with in the face of COVID-19. How are your kids ‘really’ doing? In this session well discuss the impact of COVID-19 on your child’s:
- Mental wellbeing and emotional health
- School performance
Social relationships and connections
Tuesday, March 16th at 4pm
HOW TO HELP THE PANDEMIC GENERATION THRIVE
From Care@Work — How can we best support our children during this time? Dr. Michele Borba explains why empathy and resilience are key and offers practical, evidence-based, and proven ways to reach kids and help them overcome adversity, be more resilient, and learn skills they will need both now – and in the future – to thrive.
Wednesday, March 17th at 12pm
WHAT’S YOUR HAPPINESS SCORE? TIPS ON LIVING A HAPPIER, HEALTHIER LIFE
How happy are you? If you’re like most people, you might be chasing after the wrong things to be happy. This webinar will provide you with:
- The definition of happiness
- A snapshot of your own happiness
- Tips to feel happier
Thursday, March 18th at 3pm
Please join this webinar to learn about causes for sleep disruption and strategies for a better night’s sleep.
Tuesday, March 23rd at 12pm
Meeting ID: 854 1289 2995; Passcode: 395807
Daily Mindfulness Sessions
Led by Neda Gould, PhD, these mindfulness sessions are accessible to Hopkins Faculty and Staff during the COVID crisis.
Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays at 12:00 PM
Tuesdays & Thursdays at 9:00 AM
WORKSTRIDE: MANAGING CANCER AT WORK CAREGIVER SUPPORT GROUP
Work Stride oncology nurse navigators Eden Stotsky-Himelfarb and Rose Wolfe host this monthly support group, offering cancer-related information and education as well as answering your specific questions.
For more information, contact Eden or Rose at 844-446-6229 or ManageCancer@jh.edu.
Second Wednesday of Every Month, 12pm-1pm
PARENTING: WE ALL NEED SUPPORT
The JH Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences is offering free Zoom support groups for Johns Hopkins employees. Please join us for 30-minute COVID-19 support groups offered weekly.
- Tuesdays at 5:00 pm: Sneha Jadhav, MD
- Wednesdays at 12:00 pm: Krista Baker, LCPC
For all groups, please use the following Zoom link: https://jhjhm.zoom.us/j/95338395683
Meeting ID: 953 3839 5683
Equal Parts Podcast from Care@Work
Brought to you by Care.com, Equal Parts is a podcast for working parents who are trying to balance it all while caring for the people they love — including themselves. Being a working parent is hard. But you do it for the ones you care for, because they’re the ones you care most about. You can never be prepared for everything that is thrown your way — whether at work or at home. But, the Equal Parts podcast will try to make this a little easier for you. We will talk to experts, authors, and parents who will share their insights, advice, and tips on how to navigate parenthood and professionalism — at the same time.
On-Demand Webinars for Coping with COVID-19
- Coping with COVID-19, mySupport = More Support
- Journaling Workshop
- Coping with Loss During COVID-19
- Choosing Your New Normal
- How to Help When Feeling Helpless
- Finding Your Resilience During COVID-19
- Strategies for Stress Relief
- Returning to Work After COVID-19: Feelings, Tools, & Resources
- Ways to Relieve Stress During COVID-19
- Budgeting When Income is Uncertain
- Staying Calm to Cope During COVID
- Ways to Stay Connected During COVID
- Change: How to Adapt, Cope & Respond
- Coping with Job Loss When Friends or Family Members Lose Their Jobs
- Navigating Market Volatility
- Global Lookout – When Is It Safe to Come Out?
- Investing in Volatile Markets
On-Demand Webinars for Parents, Families, and Caregivers
- Preventing Burnout During this Challenging Time
- Choosing Your New Normal
- COVID-19 “A Child’s Perspective”
- Parenting a Child with Special Needs During a Pandemic
- Kids & COVID-19 Q&A with Pediatrician, Rachel Thornton
- Sharenting: Protecting your Kids’ Privacy in our Digital World
- Working from Home While Parenting
- Perfecting your “No-Guilt” No
- Couples That Work – At Home Survival Guide: a webinar from Care.com. Worksheets from the presentation are also available on a variety of topics.
- Drawing Boundaries
- Mapping Concerns
- Setting Priorities
- Parenting Fundamentals
- Nailing Practicalities
- Supporting Each Other
On-Demand Webinars on Race & Racial Discussions:
- Cultural Differences & Mental Health Treatment
- Understanding & Overcoming Unconscious Bias
- How to Raise Kids to Be Actively Anti-Racist
- Talking to Kids About Race and Racism
- TED Talk: Is My Skin Brown Because I Drank Chocolate Milk
- Book: Something Happened In Our Town: A Child’s Story about Racial Injustice
- Racial Justice Dialogue-Allyship & Advocacy
- Navigating Working While/With Black