Summary Plan Descriptions
A summary plan description (SPD) is a “plain English summary” of many of the important features of the plan. It covers eligibility, participant obligations, and provides important contact information for the plan’s fiduciaries.
Health Plan SPDs
The Health and Welfare Handbook includes the SPDs for the university’s health and welfare plans covered under ERISA.
Retirement Plan SPDs
- Johns Hopkins University 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Support Staff Pension Plan for Support Staff
- Support Staff Pension Plan for Bargaining Unit Members
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Program for Former Employees of Johns Hopkins Bayview Physicians
- Income Deferral Plan for Residents, Interns and Postdoctoral Fellows
Summary of Material Modifications
From time to time, updates are made to Plan provisions. These updates are included in the Summary of Material Modifications.