JHU offers several medical plan options for you and your family, each of which includes prescription drug coverage. The plans vary in terms of cost, coverage, and providers that you’re able to see, and eligibility varies based on your employment status.
Eligibility and Coverage
The following employees are eligible to enroll in JHU’s medical plans:
|Full-time faculty and staff||Works:
|Part-time faculty and staff||Works:
|Limited-time faculty and staff||Works either:
Hours worked are computed using the equivalency method of 2.25 hours per each classroom-based teaching hour, plus any additional hours for required activities (e.g., advising, required attendance at faculty meetings). Non-classroom-based teaching activities, such as one-on-one instruction, are based on actual hours.
|LiUNA Bargaining Unit employees||Works either:
|Casual employees||Works either:
Eligible dependents include:
- Your legally married spouse or domestic partner
- Your children through the end of the year in which they turn age 26
- Children age 26 or older who cannot support themselves (certification of disability is required; contact Quantum Health or Kaiser Permanente for more information)
Eligible children include biological, adopted or children placed with you for adoption, stepchildren, your domestic partner’s children, or children for whom you have been appointed legal guardian.
To enroll eligible dependents, you will need to submit dependent documentation, including marriage license and affidavit of domestic partnership. Domestic partners must qualify for coverage under the Johns Hopkins Domestic Partner Benefits Policy.
- Individual – self
- 1 adult and child(ren) – self + one or more children
- 2 adults – self + spouse or domestic partner
- 2 adults and child(ren) – self + spouse or domestic partner + one or more children