A staff member who has been previously employed by JHU for more than one continuous year in a benefits-eligible status is eligible for the following benefits if he or she returns to JHU.
- If you resigned voluntarily and return within six months, you are immediately eligible for all benefits associated with your new position. The break in service will not be bridged for the purposes of retiree eligibility.
- If you were terminated involuntarily owing to a reduction in force and you return within 12 months, you are immediately eligible for all benefits associated with your new position. The break in service will be bridged for the purposes of retiree eligibility.
- Total years of employment will determine eligibility for benefits based on years of service, such as vacation leave and tuition grants.
- Vacation leave accrues at the same rate at which the employee was accruing vacation leave at the time of termination.
- Vacation limits will not be reinstated; 22 days is the maximum of number of days that can be accrued and paid out upon termination for anyone hired or reinstated after July 2013.
- Sick leave balance will be reinstated unless the balance was paid out as part of a retirement or RIF retirement (only one sick payout can be paid per employee).
- University retirement contributions will reflect the rate approved on the date of reinstatement.
- Employee’s original date of service will be reinstated.