As a full-time faculty, staff and bargaining unit member, you can participate in a voluntary benefits program to purchase Accident Insurance. You may purchase it for yourself, as well as for your spouse/domestic partner and your dependent children.
About the Program
Accident Insurance from MetLife can help protect you and your family from the unexpected expenses of an accident that occurs off the job such as:
- Sports-related accidental injuries
- Broken bones
- Back or knee injuries
Accident Insurance helps to offset medical costs, such as emergency room fees, deductibles and co-payments that can result from a covered accident.
Features of MetLife’s Accident Insurance include:
- Premiums are conveniently paid through payroll deduction.
- Benefits are paid directly to you.
- Benefits are paid regardless of any other insurance you may have with other companies.
- Coverage is portable; you can take it with you if you change jobs or retire.
How to Enroll
Rates and additional plan details can be found on the Johns Hopkins University Voluntary Benefits website at www.jhuvoluntarybenefits.com. Enrollment is completed online. If you wish to speak with a service representative, contact Mercer, the administrators of our voluntary benefits program at 866-795-9362.