Non Degree-Seeking Credit Courses at JHU
You are eligible for tuition assistance once you have completed 120 days of full-time employment as long as you are a faculty, staff, or UNITE HERE bargaining unit member and continue in a full-time position while enrolled in courses. If you are a full-time benefits-eligible LIUNA bargaining unit member who has completed 90 days of full-time employment, and continue in a full-time position while enrolled in courses, you are eligible to receive tuition assistance.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, employees under disciplinary action within 12 months of any academic period or at the time of submitting an application are not eligible for benefits under this Plan.
The benefit is available only during periods in which a faculty, staff, or bargaining unit member is employed full-time, or during periods of authorized leave not exceeding one year in duration from which the faculty or staff member will return to full-time employment.
Retirees are also eligible for this benefit. Visiting faculty and staff, residents, interns and post-doctoral fellows are not eligible.
About the Plan – Academic Credit Courses
There is a $5,250 annual family limit on tuition assistance for faculty, staff, retirees, and their spouses, domestic partners and dependent children. Within this calendar limit, dependents’ spending is limited to $2,625. You are responsible for any spending that exceeds the limits, and for tuition costs for courses not passed or completed (i.e., withdrawn or dropped).
Faculty and staff are eligible for 100% remission for credit courses, and 25% remission for private credit instruction at Peabody up to the annual limit. The annual benefit amount is based on the calendar year in which the course starts.
The calendar year maximum for credit courses is a total combined amount across all tuition assistance for-credit programs including any undergraduate and graduate degree-seeking courses.
Courses Not Covered
Courses offered by individual JHU departments are not covered. GRE courses and other test preparation courses are not covered.
In compliance with IRS regulations (section 127), employer-provided educational assistance is exempt from taxation up to a maximum of $5,250 per calendar year (determined by payment date of the course).
How to Participate
Once you have registered for the course, click here to access our EdAssist portal and complete your application. The availability of the Tuition Remission Plan does not guarantee that an employee will be accepted by any of JHU’s academic divisions. Employees should check with the Admissions Office of the academic division of their interest before applying for tuition remission.
- Submit your initial application in the EdAssist platform no later than 30 days after the course start date. You will receive an email when your application is approved.
- Upload a copy of your itemized invoice showing all tuition and fees. This can be done at time of application or after approval. EdAssist will review your invoice and approve or deny. Upon approval, you will receive an automated email notification when your application is processed for payment (this will include the course name and costs). *To retrieve your statement, you will need to log into your SIS account and select Billing, click Summary, and under View Statement select the statement you need.
- Submit a copy of your payment approval email to Student Account Operations by submitting a case using the SEAM student support system. At the SEAM home page, click Browse All Topics> Billing, Payments, and Refunds > JHU Tuition Remission.
- Student Accounts will credit your account with the approved amount.
- Submit proof of successful course completion (grade of a C or better) within 60 days after course completion.
Click here for step-by-step application instructions for non degree-seeking credit courses at JHU.
*Peabody Preparatory implemented a new registration system and paperless Tuition Remission process. This process is approved for use only at the Peabody Preparatory for eligible employees and is not available for use at the Peabody Conservatory.
If you have questions about your tuition application, please use the following methods to contact EdAssist Employee Services:
Live Chat: For immediate assistance, access EdAssist and go to Support Services, then select Get Live Help. Chat hours are between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. ET (Monday – Friday).
Support Ticket: Access EdAssist and go to Support Services, then select Create a Support Ticket.