If you’re looking for a new job, your first instinct might be to update your résumé. Unfortunately, this approach doesn’t always produce the best results.
A better strategy is to start with a clear look at where you’ve been, where you’d like to go, and what it will take to get there. Our Career Management Model was developed to help you through that process, giving you a better understanding of both yourself and the job market.
The Career Management Model consists of five steps:
- Assessment: Clarify and understand your interests, skills, values, and personality.
- Research: Explore career or job opportunities that interest you.
- Make decisions and set goals: Evaluate the pros and cons of feasible options and create goals and timelines.
- Take action: Write or update your résumé, interview, evaluate or accept a job offer, or begin work or study toward a long-term career goal.
- Readjust or new transition: Assess and regroup, or begin anew.