Retirement Plans Enrollment
JHU’s Retirement Plans enrollment portal through TIAA is your resource for information about our retirement plans and the place you’ll go to enroll in or manage your retirement elections.
Access the portal anytime throughout the year to view/change your contributions, investment options, and view your balances.
- Review your 403(b) plan eligibility and learn more about the plans by visiting our Current Employees retirement page.
- You’ll also find information about investment options at the links below:
- Follow the New Hire Quick Start Guide for simple step by step instructions for using the TIAA online portal.
- Watch a video or review the Roth Contribution Option Brochure to learn more about Roth after-tax contributions in the 403(b) plans.
- Review the Notice of Default Investments which describes the treatment of 403(b) retirement plan contributions if you fail to direct the investment of all (or any portion) of your retirement plan account.
To help you make decisions about your retirement investments, JHU has partnered with Marsh McLennan Agency (MMA), an independent investment advisor. Along with retirement plan advice and education you also have access to MMA’s Prosper Wise website. This site offers articles, videos, tools, assessments, and other resources to use anytime to help make your financial goals a reality.
You can schedule time to meet virtually with a financial coach who is trained in financial planning. MMA’s coaches can help you to select investments that fit your individual goals and personal preferences. MMA coaches are licensed professionals with expertise in retirement plans, investing, and financial education. They’re unbiased and do not sell products or receive commissions.
You can also schedule a financial consult with a local representative from TIAA.
Schedule a one-on-one financial coaching session with MMA:
- Go to the Prosper Wise website, sign in, and click Talk with a Coach on the left hand side.
- Choose Retirement Plan to schedule an appointment focused on your long- and short-term financial goals.
Schedule a one-on-one financial consult with TIAA.
- Click here to learn more and schedule.
- In-person meetings are back in Baltimore! Click here to learn more and schedule. Please note that an appointment is required and walk-ins will not be accepted.
For assistance with the online enrollment portal, please contact the Johns Hopkins University Retirement Center at TIAA at 888-200-4074, Monday to Friday 8 a.m.-10 p.m. (ET) and Saturday 9 a.m.-6 p.m. (ET).