JHU’s Manager Development Program is a curriculum designed for new and existing managers as well as anyone interested in growing in their career.
To complete the Manager Development Program, you must complete all core courses and your choice of three elective courses. You may take all elective courses if you wish.
- Cultural Awareness for Managers
- Workplace Politics: How to Survive and Thrive
- Making the Transition to Management
- Change Management: Cultivating Team Change-Ability
- The Innovation Workshop
- Strategic Coaching: Growing Top-Notch Performers
- Emotional Intelligence
- How to Handle Difficult Conversations With Employees
- Situational Delegation: Inspiring Accountability in Your Employees
Don’t Forget Hopkins Essentials
Newly hired managers and supervisors or people newly promoted to a managerial or supervisory position are required to complete our Hopkins Essentials training program within two years of their hire or promotion.
To complete Hopkins Essentials, you must complete all core courses. Note: If you took any or all of the courses in the past, you will receive credit toward completing the Hopkins Essentials program.
- Employment Law
- Business Law
- Work Safety and Occupational Health
- Compensation 101
- Navigating the Recruitment Process
- Behavioral Based Interviewing
- Performance Management
- Proactive Approach to Employee Relations
- Electronic Time Keeping—E210
You also can read more about this policy.