JHU’s Manager Development Program is a curriculum designed for new and existing managers as well as anyone interested in growing in their career.
To complete the Manager Development Program, you must complete all required courses and your choice of three elective courses. You may take all elective courses if you wish.
- Change Management: Cultivating Team Change-Ability
- Diversity in the Workplace for Supervisors and Managers
- Giving and Receiving Feedback for JHU Managers
- Workplace Politics: How to Survive and Thrive
- Accounting Comes Alive
- Coaching and Mentoring Skills for Leadership Success
- Emotional Intelligence
- How to Handle Difficult Conversations With Employees
- Motivating, Engaging, and Inspiring Employees
- Situational Delegation: Inspiring Accountability in Your Employees
Don’t Forget Hopkins Essentials
Newly hired managers and supervisors or people newly promoted to a managerial or supervisory position are required to complete our Hopkins Essentials training program within two years of their hire or promotion.
To complete Hopkins Essentials, you must complete all core courses. Note: If you took any or all of the courses in the past, you will receive credit toward completing the Hopkins Essentials program.
- Employment Law
- Business Law
- Work Safety and Occupational Health
- Compensation 101
- Navigating the Recruitment Process
- Behavioral Based Interviewing
- Performance Management
- Proactive Approach to Employee Relations
- Electronic Time Keeping—E210
You also can read more about this policy.