Duplicate pages will create a brand-new page with the same exact content and settings as the original page.
Terminology Used in This Section
- Left WordPress Menu: Once you are logged into WordPress and viewing the WordPress dashboard, this Left WordPress Menu will be visible on the left hand side of all pages.
It is important that you follow all steps below when working through this process or your primary (live) page may break on the front-end of the website.
- Log into WordPress
- Select “Pages” from the left WordPress menu
- Find the page you wish to duplicate
- Hover over the title of the page
- From the menu that appears below the title, select “Duplicate This” (you will be taken to the edit page for the newly duplicated page)
- Do not skip this next step: from beneath the title of the page, you will need to edit the permalink by selecting “Edit” next to the current URL (which should be the original URL with a “-2” at the end)
- Modify the URL to an original title/a link not currently on the site (follow directions here on modifying permalinks if needed)
- Once the URL is modified, select “OK” – your page must be saved as a draft for this to take effect
- You’re now ready to publish your page!