Consider your current elections. If you don’t make any changes during enrollment to any of the benefits you’ve previously selected from the list below, you’ll keep your current coverage (e.g., same elections and coverage levels for you and your family members) at 2024 rates.
Review Your Current Elections
- EyeMed Vision Plan
- Supplemental life: Additional coverage of up to 8 times your annual base salary, to a maximum benefit of $3,000,000 (basic and supplemental coverage combined)
- Dependent life: Coverage for your spouse, domestic partner, and unmarried dependent child(ren) until the end of the year in which your dependent turns 26. Choose from two options:
- Plan 1: $4,000 spouse or domestic partner; $2,000 per dependent child
- Plan 2: $10,000 for your spouse or domestic partner; $5,000 per dependent child
What you need to know: JHU covers basic life insurance of $10,000 at no cost to you. If you are not a new hire and you elect supplemental life insurance coverage for the first time, you must provide evidence of insurability (EOI).
If you’re currently enrolled in supplemental life insurance, you may elect to move up one level of coverage up to a maximum of 4 times your annual base salary or $500,000 during annual enrollment without completing evidence of insurability (EOI).
Short-term disability: After 14 consecutive days, replaces 60% of your pay for up to 11 weeks (up to $2,500 weekly)
Long-term disability: After 90 consecutive days, replaces 60% of your pre-disability base salary (up to $10,000 monthly). JHU pays the full cost of long-term disability.
You can elect additional coverage for yourself and your family, which you pay for. Types of coverage include:
- For you: Supplemental AD&D of up to 8 times your annual base salary, to a maximum benefit of $3,000,000
- For your spouse or domestic partner and children: 50% of your benefit amount, up to $250,000, for your spouse or domestic partner; 15% of your benefit amount, up to $50,000, for your children
- For your spouse or domestic partner only: 60% of your benefit amount, up to $250,000
- For your children only: 20% of your benefit amount, up to $50,000
What you need to know: JHU automatically provides basic AD&D of $10,000 for you at no cost to you.
JHU’s voluntary benefits can provide extra protection and peace of mind for you and your family. These include:
- Identity theft protection
- Pet insurance
- Auto insurance
- Homeowner’s insurance
- Critical illness insurance
- Accident insurance
- Legal plan
To learn more about these options, go to jhuvoluntarybenefits.com.